Real Blue Flames on White?

cjlucas78

I am interested in doing a realistic blue flames on white. Does anybody have any tips and what colors and what sequence should I use for this to turn out right? Thank you.

joryken

flames

I would just use a kandy basecoat or a kandy concentrate mixed dark and just lay your flames out as you would with any other realistic flame job.

cjlucas78

I am new to painting scene, how do you lay down the real flames to give them depth and make them look real?
Should I do a dark blue first, then medium blue, then light blue and then white? Or do you start with light and work your way darker?

Last edited:

joryken

Flames

Real Flames Take Alot Of Practice, The Best Thing That Helped Me Was To Take Digital Pics Of Fire And Use That As My Reference. There Are Also Alot Of Dvds Out There That Can Help. There Are also Alot Of Different Free Hand Shields You Can Buy But I Found That You Can Get Very Good Results With Just About Any Shields. As Far As Color, Flames Are Going To Be Brighter On The Top Layer, So I Would Start With Your Dark Color And Use Lighter Colors As You Layer Out. Make Sure You Dont Duplicate The Patern Criss Cross Every Layer To Give Them Depth. Also Dont Rely Completly On The Shield Use Alot Of Free Hand.