Questions about the Iwata Hp-c

K

kylelord

I was looking at the Airbrush action website, and I have a few questions about the Iwata hp-c. First off under the description it says the brush will spray water-based paint, ink, dye and something else. However it doesn't say it can spray laquer and enamal. Why is this? I was under the impression that as long as it was thin enough the paint would pass through. My second question is how would this brush be for general automotive illustration. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Kyle

Stretch

Can't comment on the Laquer and Enamel but I do know the HP-C is a workhorse for automotive painters. I'd say a good number of the people on this board have an HP-C and would praise it. I know I have one and love it. Use it to spray Createx Auto Air waterbased paint and HOK & PPG Automotive paints. Although I haven't had the best of luck with Coast Airbrush I would recommend you order from them. I believe they sell their airbrushes with teflon needle bearings which will help out when using automotive paints.

Good luck-Stretch

D

DenB.

As far as the HP-C like the previous post said in regards to teflon seals make sure that they ear installed. if not you'll be replacing them every 6 months or so because the laqs. and euros. will eat'm other than that you'll have absolutely no probs. with that airbrush

K

kylelord

Thanks a lot guys. I've been looking at them on ebay, I wanted to see if I could get a deal on new airbrush. These teflon bearings can be purchased separately, right? Is that something anyone could install?
Thanks again,
Kyle

Stretch

I think Coast Airbrush will only install them themselves. May be worth your while to call them and see if they'll just send them to you. You may also call BearAir and see if they'll sell you a brush with teflon bushings.

Good Luck-Stretch

T

TWISTED

I think that airbrush action does not list laqs and enamels because the iwatas don't come standard with the teflon. I use mine for water based, urethane, laqs, enamels, and have even used latex house paint(not the easiest stuff to spray).
You should be able to get the teflon parts and put them in yourself but would suggest to buy one with them already in it.

A

aircooled

I just ordered an Iwata custom micron-c a hp-c from a company here in CANADA, but before I did I asked if they came wit h the teflon seals. The girl on the other end couldn't answer the question, because it was a secret!!!! ,but she did asure me that the bushings were solvent resistent. I can't wait to use the micron, I've been useing the HP-C for 7 years now and it is awesome. I would recomend it to anyone.Mine is due for replacement. It still has the origional seals, which are now starting to leak. The only thing I don't get is how they can sell these brushes without the dam hose, add an extra $30ea. to the already $610.95 plus tax for the micron, and 209.95 plus tax for the HP-C REDICULIOUS!!! The hose should be free, or included in that price.

Stretch

Wow, I hope that's Canadian currency prices you're quoting and if so, what's the conversion to US dollars?

-Stretch

K

kylelord

As do I, I've seen them on ebay from 80-90 dollars plus shipping. Some do include the hose, but not normally. Hey aircooled, your name sounds familiar. You don't happen to post at all on any aircooled Volkswagen sites, do you?
Kyle

T

tcannon

Just bought a new HP-C from Dixie Art Supplies for $129 US delivered. TC
bigokay.gif

A

aircooled

Yes these are Canadian prices, I don't know the conversion to US, I always go about a little less than half price. Say $50 US is somewhere around $80 -$100 Canadian. The killer for me is the duties and some sort of paper work charge the shipping companies put on. I bought a HP-C from Bear Air ,$90US sounds good, but by the time I get it it cost me $300. That was 7 years ago.Sucks liveing on an island in Canada!!!
My aircooled handle(lol), Is VW related,I'm a VW junki, but I haven'tmade any posts in vw sites.The only place I post is here and on a local import site (nfimports.net). These guys had a car show today and an RSX-S that i painted won best paint. I an very happy with that. There are pics on the site,if anyone is interested.