Question

ScottishGuy

Hoping I can ask some advice from you fine gentlemen...

In Cyprus I cant get white primer let alone a spray gun and psi compressor etc. Cypriots here have hit off both wing mirrors for parking in their (public parking) space. Scratched side of car for parking in their (public parking) preferred space, and the sun damage to bonnet and roof was terrible. The guy I bought the car from used a cheap scratch hider so about a month later all these scratches came up...

Anyway car doesn't feel great and none of this was any fault of my own so took matters into own hands. Wanted to know if a normal non-professional could pick up spray cans and revitalize his car. Here's how I got on:

iTncBgsyyJDJ2BHM_k91TTChleklUTJIPGg3uxCsKEg

pj4t6TmTjBsd0MssL1_ET2DtL8rRB_dEvGtpE-9_pd8

m4mGb30CeuFiTvXUokAkmAQdkmm7IHs9LKxO_8vpa58

NY9YU-U28cjCe05_PO8xzSeY_1oYt7hvrFW-OOjPRE0

9bZcGStaVGLYCPFiYNB4hsORoPaYln5gpnkSjiXrSiE

t0WKh4CNcwZVM496WHZsnivjfwn11PAADG2WlVWfHpo

Today went to check on car and some Cypriot guys shouting at me to move the car. Then noticed the same guy had stolen my new polishing cloths and scrapers etc... I just smiled.

nXPDF6VomePV9WsG1ri2wDNVbJiYWSRbrxWra_Iw3vY

So far: Tape car -> prime car -> paint white on primer -> sandpaper drips -> paint white until drips gone.

No clear coat, no buffing, no rubbing compound, no wet sanding... just primer and 27 cans of white gloss and lots of care and attention.

My problem is I have shadows of white despite having a thick base coat. Probably just because its an outside job and spray paint in wind etc isn't great.

Should I use a thick foam block by hand lightly skim the top surface with rubbing compound, then buff and clear coat? Or wet sand, then buff and clear coat? I've never wet sanded before and doesn't feel right on a thick base coat...