Pulled out all the stops on a 63 Caddy roof!

chopolds

Caddy_roof_1.jpgCaddy_roof_2.jpgCaddy_roof_3.jpgCaddy_roof_4.jpgCaddy_roof_5.jpgCaddy_roof_6.jpgCaddy_roof_8.jpgCaddy_roof_9.jpgI had free reign to do whatever I wanted on this 63 Caddy 4 dr. The body will be painted in a flat Plum Crazy purple. The roof I did in Lavender pearl, with colors I mixed from House of Kolor paints. It has Cobwebbing (done with lacquer), lace painting, candy stripes, flip flop pearl Art Deco fan designs, fogging, endless pinstripe design, on an Abalone Flake base, and 2 colors of lavender pearl background. I put a couple coats of clear on it, so I can level it out, get it pinstriped, and then final clear it. Pictures do it no justice, you should see it in the sun!

Last edited:

BeoBob

Man, that looks like it was a lot of fun. I would live to have the time to do that kind of thing.

chopolds

Well, I'm pretty strapped with time, building 3 cars at the same time (not including my own 47 Chevy). But it helps that you can only do one panel every day or 2, so the paint has time to dry enough to tape over. Took me 5 afternoons, plus a Sunday morning to get it all done, after the basecoats were dry. You just have to find a cool enough customer who will let you do your thing!

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome. I've been painting for 20+ years and I've never done the old school painting like that.
Great to see - good job!