Primer and base coat help

Dbake_88

Hi. I'm new on here and I'm painting a car (my car) for the first time. I've done a good amount of research and Its coming along pretty good. But I think i may have done something wrong but not sure. Let me explain what I've done up to this point...
-Original paint had very large amount of deep scratches and chips which were down to the metal. I sanded all chips/scratches with 80 grit To remove any loose paint. Then with 120, 180, and 220 grit to level these spots. Then I sanded entire car with 220 and 320 grit to remove clear coat.
-Then, using a spraygun, I sprayed with Duplicolor Surfacer Primer BG920, which is a lacquer.
-Next, after primer dried, I sanded entire carv with 400 and 600 grit until smooth and level.
-after sanding there were spots where old paint was coming through so I sprayed these spots and sprayed light coat over entire car with spray cans of Rustoleum 2x Coverage Primer which is the same color grey as the Surfacer Primer but it is an acrylic enamel.

Will using these two different primers cause problems? And will my base coat stick to this

chopolds

You may not get a good answer. Spray can paint is inferior in almost every aspect, to "real" paint. I don't know much about them, because I VERY rarely use them. The chemistry in the different brands, and the way they are made, make predicting outcome, dicey. Even if you stick to one brand, and one chemistry (lacquer vs acrylic, vs urethane).