pounce pattern chalk ??????? from a newbie

drwatts

I layed my pattern and pounced the chalk after I taped the pattern will there be any paint bleed through the chalk that is caught under the tape? this is the first time I am trying the pounce chalk for laying out a pattern. It seemed to go really easy and just woundering if I am going to have a mess:crap: when I pull the tape off.

Burnt

I have used pounce patterns many times and have never had a problem. Before you lay down your tape, blow some of the chalk off. Don't get to close with the air hose.

drwatts

thanks for the advice. I allready taped it up I tried to stay off the chalk and did blow off the extra where I could, thank you again.

hoss

and make sure that your first coat of paint (your flame color) is a light coat. this will help define your edges and seal them off. some paints will go under the paint a little if you lay them on heavy. just light-med coats after the first light one.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
just as Dirk stated, but should you do this again down the road. Don't use red chalk. that stuff will stain. Stay with the lighter colors,yellow,white.etc. Just a little heads up.