polishing step....

T

triumph1

about to start a paint job on my bike, and just aquiring the nessesary equipment. I am in hte process of getting a makita 9227 polisher. I Just need to know what what type of pads to use in the polishing steps. you mention the yellow and black waffle in the site, but are those 3m products? what type of pads are they?

T

TAZ

Actually, I know use the 3M style pads. You will first need to get a 3M velcro style backing plate, then you can get a "white" 3M waffle pad, and also the "black" waffle pad to finish polishing with.
I also use the 3M 5936 (I think that is the number) compound and the "foam glaze" to finish with.

I changed to the 3M pads because the Mequires pads I used to use had their own backing plate that was attached. So switching from the yellow to the black (with another backing plate) was a pain.

T

tooter

i like the 3m black waffle pad but for cutting i like the white wool then for my finnese i use yhe yellow wool the the black waffle for my perfect it polish but i just got a new foam pad from the malco company its thicker then 3m and its fantastic