Pinstripes for the technically challenged.

G

gonixgo

I took the pin stripe into consideration when I painted my last tank:
On a darkblue tank, I masked off and painted the flames silver.
I then remasked the flames a 1/4 inch from the original design and resprayed all the flames with over reduced process blue pinstrip paint with an airbrush.
It left a dark blue tank with a darker blue pinstripe around light blue flames. I left hints of the silver in the wider parts of the flames.
i put picks @ www.bikergirlz.com/harley
my first paint job!

nooshie

This is really a nice job. When I see work like this it just makes me feel good. Thanks for showing us.

Nooshie

P

paintricks

Hey Guys,
I am new to this site and love all the info I have read here. I feel i am good painter but have a lot to learn. I'm glad I finally found this place.
This works for me. I like to roll the tape edge up anjacent(sp) to the clean edge I'm spraying. Use a low pressure with the airbrush and wipe off any fog from overspray if there is any. Two inch tape works well I've found.
Kevin
paintricks

Ultra Al

I like the idea of hand painting the stripes after you lay out the tape, What kine of brush do you use for a 1/4 or 1/8 inch stripe. A mack sword brush or an artists brush? AL

Bornhard

check out xcaliber brushes...around 000 or 0000 for extra fine lines. they have excellent control and lay some clean lines.

I can't live without them!

hoss

I have a 01 mack brush, and i was having trouble around the ovals. The tail of the brush kept creeping on me. I cut off half of the hairs towards the tip, and now i can lay a much better thinner stripe. Try it on an old brush and see how it works if your having trouble w/ your ovals.

M

MasterxAce

i like the xcaliber brushes for striping... 3M makes a green tape that is diced into a bunch of 1/16th lines. you just lay the tape down and pull away what you want to be striped good for the sides of cars but when it comes to around a design... hands is the best method although i am not so good lol I also like oneshot and a large piece of glass... just practice what u want and clean the glass with whatever lol