pearl white with an orange tint

nmdeviant1

I want to paint a wheelchair and what i want is pearl white with an orange tint......would i get that by laying down an orange base with white pearl over that or would i go with a white base with orange pearl over that?

chopolds

I would do straight white basecoat, with an orange "flip flop", or interference pearl over it. It would look white mostly, but when the light hits it at the right angle, it will glow orange. You can get orange pearl at most custom paint shops. just be sure to get it in an interference pearl, not orange pearl flakes. It will look like plain white powder until you mix it into clear.

http://houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_pearls.jsp# Here is the pearl in House of Kolor paint.

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that is the best way to do it. white base with an orange pearl over it.

A very easy white pearl to spray with an orange pearl over it is 2002 Harley Davidson Hi Lite orange Pearl. It's an off white base with a milky midcoat that has orange pearl it it.

chopolds

Taz, you're the best! I dont' keep up with modern paint colors, I just use the custom stuff. Your knowledge helps a lot!