Pearl under candy

98gordo

I'm gonna be trying a test panel before I paint my brother's bike.I just wanna know who might have tried something similar.I'm going with midnight blue pearl base then applying checkerboard graphics and emblem in a silver dust(DRY)pearl.I then plan on shooting Imperial Blue Kandy over the complete job.My question is,will the silver pearl be too subtle or will it ghost nicely? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gifThanks in advance for your input.

hoss

should work out ok. you might add a little silver to the pearl to give it some more color, but a test pannel is a great idea! on your test pannel tape out a few sections on your blue pearl. in the first section paint the silver pearl lightly, in the next section put it on a little thicker, and so on and so on. see which section you like in the sun and try to remember what you did in that section.

i painted a silver base used gold as graphix colors shot it w/ red kandi and you couldn't even see the effect. you pretty much need to use a light color and a contrasting dark color for kandi's to work out w/ a ghost effect.

98gordo

Thanks Hoss.I want the effect to be subtle.The midnight Blue is the base and rather than shoot straight silver on it for the graphics,dusting the pearl silver was one thought.The Kandy shouldn't bury the effect being that it's light on dark,(I hope). On this one I shot the graphics in Galaxy Gray over gold.Kandy Brandywine over the comlete job.The owner was happy!

98gordo

I haven't been on here for a while.Here's the finished product. It worked out well.I forgot this is the "Flames" section.OOPS!

Attachments

• cfp.jpg
    cfp.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: