Patterns

h_georgiou

HI

IM INTERESTED IN LEARING HOW TO PAINT PATTERNS/EFFECTS JUS LIKE THE ECLIPSE IN FAST & FURIOUS 2. HOW IS IT DONE PLS HELP. AND ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND SOME NICE JAP MANGA STYLE GRAPHICS TO ORDER.

tHANX
HELENA

hoss

post a picture of what you're talking about. that'll help.

also for your last question you could do a yahoo search or something like that??

AirArt

Hi Helena,
There's countless books available with instructions on painting graphics.
For an auto, it's probably easiest to use a plotter/cutter to cut the graphics out and then apply to vehicle, lifting out the area to be painted.
You'd be better off practicing on some blank panels until you get the feel for it and also to learn how to transfer a graphic from one side to the other using pounce patterns and such.
best of luck.

SportriderBryan

HI

IM INTERESTED IN LEARING HOW TO PAINT PATTERNS/EFFECTS JUS LIKE THE ECLIPSE IN FAST & FURIOUS 2. HOW IS IT DONE PLS HELP. AND ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND SOME NICE JAP MANGA STYLE GRAPHICS TO ORDER.

tHANX
HELENA

Try a google image search. You can always print out a pic on cardstock and use a razor blade or really good sizzors to cut it out and use that as a pattern/stencil.

martin3294

Not trying to put a damper on things for you, Japanese Manga is really quite a flowing type of art that really you cannot get from a stencil. The artists who produce Jap Manga are really into the art of cartoons and hentai, it isnt something for the fainthearted to try out really.
Although the detailing isn't as that of portraits it is every bit as difficult to reproduce. They arn't stencils but artistic works.
Hope this doesn't put you off, but I have done a few murals of these styles and I am an artist of over 20yrs. I really struggled with it so not much hope for beginners. Not too say you will not be able to achieve it but I would strongly suggest something a little less ambitious.