Painting my bike!

chopolds

Haven't ridden my 89 Softail in a couple years, starting with the summer I had hand surgery. Decided to get it in shape to ride this year. New tires, battery, seat, and of course, new paint!
Sanded the old custom paint down to the epoxy primer, as there was some bodywork under everything. Epoxied over it all, block sanded it out, and did the base color in Candy Tangerine. Haven't decided on the graphics yet. Possibly Lace, or Cobwebbing, acetylene painting.softailPaint_1..jpgsoftailPaint_2..jpgsoftailPaint_4..jpgsoftailPaint_3..jpg

chopolds

While roasting in the heat, my fevered brain decided on the graphics, yesterday afternoon. Sanded, taped and shot it. Panels, with lace, done in Candy Root Beer.harleyFender.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great. Candy tangerine was always my favorite candy color - over a gold metallic base. Looks like you used a mix for the base metallic. Possibly a mix of a couple colors ? Cinder Red and Orion (if you used HOK paints)?

chopolds

I prefer the silver for a base on most colors, keeps the color "true-er". The tank pic is with only one coat of Tangerine, didn't get a shot of it in silver.