painting luvers (1st timer with car paint)

I

IronFuzz

my friend just purchased a dodge daytona IROC turbo (bonzi blue). his old car was also a daytona too (white), but it had luvers on the rear hatch window luvers. the luvers are really cool and he want's to swap them from the white car to his newer (faster ) blue one. my problem is that i don't now how to reproduce the look of the blue paint. it is a bonzi blue base, with what looks like a lighter pearl blue over it. ive read through some post here and may have found the approach i need to take. someone tell me if i'm way off....a few base coats of bonzi blue, followed up by a few clears (topcoat) with some liquid pearl toner(blue) added. i would appreaciate any help. thanks

PS. i will be removing the old paint and priming before anything

ezrider

Bonzi blue is just a base - clear combo by Chrystler, there shouldnt be a pearl coat in there if its factory original paint
bigokay.gif

S

shaunboy

THE PEARL IS PROBABLY IN THE BASE ITSELF
ADDING PEARL TO THE CLEAR IS DIFFUCULT
IT CAN GO BLOTCHY
A PROPER THREE LAYER PEARL IS
1 BASE COLOR
2 PEARL COAT [WHICH IS TRANSPARENT]
3 CLEAR COAT.
ALSO IF THE LOUVER IS ALREADY IS GOOD CONDITION THEN JUST SAND AND PAINT THE BLUE STRAIGHT OVER IT.

rex

I don't know the color but it sounds like Ez does.Just tell the paint store what you need.It sounds like it's normal base/clear,but if it is a 3 stage (base,pearl,clear) they should give you both and will tell you so.Just prep it as you would anything else.