PAINTER DOWNUNDER

S

shaunboy

HI EVERYONE!ESPECIALLY SCOTT,EZRIDER AND REX.
cheers.gif

SCOTT THIS SITE IS AWSOME AND YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN EXCELLENT PAINTER.
I CAN TELL THAT REX AND EZRIDER A PROS TOO
bigokay.gif

I HAVE BEEN IN THE PAINTING GAME FOR 11 YEARS NOW .MOST OF MY WORK IS SMASH REPAIRS.ALL THE SHOPS I HAVE WORKED IN ARE BIG AND BUSY INSURANCE RECOMMENDED REPAIRERS.IM NOW BACK WITH MY ORIGINAL BOSS WE HAVE SEVEN PANELBEATERS AND FOUR PAINTERS WITH VERY HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS.
I HAVE NEVER DONE FLAME WORK.BUT IVE DONE ALOT OF CUSTOM PAINT ON BIG RIG TRUCKS.AND THE OWNERS OF THESE ARE ALWAYS VERY FUSSY SO WE TREAT THEM LIKE THE MEGA-DOLLAR MACHINES THE ARE.
I HAVE USED PPG,STANDOX,ICI AUTOCOLOR,AND SIKKENS
SIKKENS IS MY PREFERED PRODUCT FOR SMASH REPAIRS FOR THE FAST TURNAROUND YOU GET.
I HOPE I CAN CONTRIBUTE GOOD ADVICE TO THIS SITE,ALONG WITH THE OTHER TOP GUYS.
SOME OF THE TECHNICAL TERMS I USE MAY BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN THE U.S.A BUT HOPEFULLY THEY ARE MOSTLY CLEAR AS ENGLISH IS THE FIRST LANGUAGE IN NEW ZEALAND.
ILL TRY AND GET SOME PHOTOS OF MY TRUCK WORK SOON
cheers.gif

rex

Hey man,don't sell yourself short.I've painted for close to 20 years and for the last 5 have been strictly frame and body.2 weeks ago my painter quit so I took his place on a combo deal until work picks up to the point I can paint full time.I was actually impressed I jumped back in as easily as it went,I thought for sure I'd be buffing my *** off or cutting them off the floor.I still remember everything ,but you know how the booksmart and the doers go.Don't worry about any language barrier either,you're fine.We use some different terms and slang,but I understand what you're saying.Don't feel bad about the custom stuff either,Scott and Ezrider have me beat big time there.Where they just do it I have to think a little,but after one or two it gets easier.Don't let it bother you,you know how to do it,it's just a variation of what you already do.I consider you 3 above me if that's any consolation.Take care buddy.

S

shaunboy

CHEERS REX
IM KEEN ON CONTRIBUTING TO THIS SITE A MUCH AS I CAN
bigokay.gif