Paint blanks

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not for sure where you buy those blanks. You might try Coast Airbrush in CA.
I've bought quite a bit of items from the.

Keep in mind, if you put a 'pearl' over the base, it will have a tendency to change the actual shade and color of the orange.

I would suggest doing the Go Mango base, then adding a couple coats (depending on the consistency of PPG Liquid crystals. ONLY purchase the topcoat crystals. You will spray this over the Go Mango base.

You'll love the effect! Orange pearl/crystals at one direction and a greenish on a view from a strong angle. Sounds weird, but beautiful without being gaudy.

Looks like your Dart is coming along! Great job.

Just finished a frame off on my 66 Chevy about 9 months ago!

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any pics of Go Mango with the crystals, but I did attach an orange with the crystals over it.

orange-crystals-checker-green-purple-12.jpg
orange-crystals-checker-green-purple-21.jpg

Wydir

I have painted that color before the color like in Taz's pics in PPG its called O-SO-Orange In PPG this is a tricoat paint its an orange base then a clear midcoat with the PPG VM4102 Emberglo Pearl mixed in then clearcoat over that

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I have painted that color before the color like in Taz's pics in PPG its called O-SO-Orange In PPG this is a tricoat paint its an orange base then a clear midcoat with the PPG VM4102 Emberglo Pearl mixed in then clearcoat over that

Actually, not for sure if I used the O-So-Orange orange base. I've used several different oranges as the base before the actual crystals.
I'v also used those crystals (O-So-Orange midcoat) over other completely different colors (red, charcoal metallic, black...)

Wydir

yes many colors in the vibrance line call for that same midcoat and that's what us custom painters do is mix and match till we get what we like. and or cheaper hahaha.......

thingsthatfly2

i have used those ice pearls before in the clear. easy to spray and get uniform results. i used HOK brand. the blanks you can buy from finish master and they have the ones that are clear and you spray your color on and flip it. they also have the steel ones that you skuff shoot and clear. i use both when im matching a color first the easy clear ones and once i get it right i do it on the metal blanks to test it against the car. the metal ones might work best for you since your adding to your clear.