Over sanded and buffed

chowetime

I have over sanded and buffed too much clear and paint and have gone thru a small spot down to the primer... it is on a rear quarter panel rather than re applying to the whole area what is the best/easist way to fix.

Another small problem I have noticed is that I have also spotted a few "white spots" in the clear again after sanding and buffing these were not there before I started sanding what has caused this, I would post up pics but the paint is a gunmetal grey and has a metalic thru it so very hard to pick up the spots in pics.

thanks in advance for your help

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully it's close to an edge where you went through. If this is the case, it will make it a little easier to just blend the base, then blend the clear.
Make sure you sand the area you will do the blend + an even bigger area.
Do it soon and you have a good chance of the reducer/base/clear "biting" into the original paint.

As far as the white pits, the first thing that comes to mind is solvent pop. If they are very consistent little pits in a small area, this could be solvent pop. If you wipe some cleaner on them like DX330 and they disappear, but reappear when that dries, this this is a good indication if could be solvent pop.