Newly sprayed car wing is more matte

Davax

Hi to All.
My car has a factory Bronze Matte colour. I had a scratch on the rear right wing which I just had it resprayed. The result as regards to colour matching is perfect but this wing is more matte than the rest of the car. I was told that when the car was manufactured the paint was more matte. By time, washing a matte coloured vehicle would flatten the 'bumps' in the matte lacquer and as a result a bit of shine would appear. This is why the matte finish did not match. Don't know if it is true. I thought maybe I could polish the newly sprayed wing lightly so that it would match the rest of the body. What do you think? The car is only 4 years old. Thanks for your attention.

chopolds

My experience is that matte finishes are difficult to work with, and match in sheen. They tend to get flatter over time. I would try using one of the new preservative finishes for matte paint before doing anything as drastic as trying to polish a matte surface. I believe it would probably make a real mess, or at least, you'd never be able to control the level of sheen to get it to match. Putting a "matte wax" over all the paint may even things out.

Davax

My experience is that matte finishes are difficult to work with, and match in sheen. They tend to get flatter over time. I would try using one of the new preservative finishes for matte paint before doing anything as drastic as trying to polish a matte surface. I believe it would probably make a real mess, or at least, you'd never be able to control the level of sheen to get it to match. Putting a "matte wax" over all the paint may even things out.
Thanks for your reply. What would you recommend to use as preservative finish for matte paint?

chopolds

No personal experience with any of them. But my detailer buddy used something called "Rat Wax" on a car, as well as another product for matte finishes from "Adams" line of detailing supplies. He said both work, but Adams was better.

Davax

No personal experience with any of them. But my detailer buddy used something called "Rat Wax" on a car, as well as another product for matte finishes from "Adams" line of detailing supplies. He said both work, but Adams was better.
thanks for your reply. I will look for them.