Newbie Looking for Gun/s

Paintballrepins

I spent some time lurking around doing some searches and I think I'm looking at picking up one of the Devilbiss Finish line guns. I was also looking at some IR guns for spraying primer if anyone has any opinions on those. Will the 1.5 tip be large enough for high build primers?

Currently I plan to spray a set of wheels and in the "near" future intend on doing some rust repair on my truck. Those repairs will involve the cab corners and new doors so I will be spraying automotive components. I also found a kit with two flg4 guns and 4 tips: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, and 2.2 Would it be worth buying two bodies with four tips for double the price. Looks like it comes with some cleaning tools as well. Or could I get away with one devilbiss body (three tips) and the ingersoll gun for all primers?

chopolds

If you're on a budget, the Finishline guns are a great idea. I've got one for primer (2.0 tip) and metalflake. You can easily get by with one gun, and 2 or 3 tips. Just be sure to clean the gun out very well, to keep from cross contaminating. Picked up mine from smartshoppers.com for less than 100, about 5-6 years ago.
If you're going to do a lot of painting, 2 guns might be a good idea.

Paintballrepins

I have a line on a Sharpe T1 Titanium locally. What would be a fair price on that or would I be better off getting the Finishline guns with additional tips?

Paintballrepins

More food for thought. Would it be worth it to pick up the finishline primer set and get one tip on an fx3000? If so what tip would be best for base and clear?