New To airbrushing

4xmike

I was wondering about everyones opinion on how to learn basic airbrush control. I have an Iwata airbrush. I think its something like an HP-C. I'll have to double check that tommorrow. I have had it a while but never really had a good method to learn how to use it. I am not an artist, but I would like to at least be able to control the brush.

Thanks

T

TAZ

Basically just need to practice as much as possible. It's all about 'feel'.
Be sure and do all your practice on a test panel before taking on a job or anything like that.

Keep in mind to, that when you get good with the HP-C, there are other models like the Micron, that get some VERY detailed lines from them.

I'm not too much of an airbrush "artist", so maybe other members can add some input.

Good luck on learning.

fergnation

I am a complete noob myself and infact this is my first post. But it seems like most of the pros out there are telling us noobs that the staring with dots and lines are a great starting point. You learn the basics of your brush along with control. There are quite a few tutorials out there that can explain the steps better than I. But I personally think that starting from the very beggining and working up is the way to go.

yamabob

Agreed on the Dagger stroke as the first basic to learn and practice on. What I did to start was to have a painted and clear coated piece to practice on. Makes it easy to wipe and restart. I bought a cheap Master then the Iwata as you have now. I thought flames was an easy way to go to get the idea of shading and color interaction. These are literally my first attempts ever out of the box. I've gotten better and have some actually not too bad pieces. Practice and more practice

002-13.jpg

019-1.jpg

this was the first -the other two were the 4th and fifth

001-15.jpg