New spray booth

DanS

I'm building a new spray booth and am wondering what type of flourscent bulbs most people use. Is there a special spectrum of light that they should be or are standard bulbs OK?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gif
Thanks in advance

rex

If you're not playing with colormatching don't waste your money on color corrected bulbs,they are outrageously priced.Just paint the inside bright white and standard bulbs will be fine,all you need to do is see the color is on evenly.Nothing beats sunlight for colormatching anyway.

DanS

Thanks Rex. I'm excited to finally get a spray booth that was made to be a spray booth, not just part of my shop somewhere
Dan
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

J

Jason Kevin

Hello,

I think Incandescent standard bulbs that most people are familiar with and to use this bulb light. Incandescent bulbs work by using electricity to heat a tungsten filament in the bulb until it glows. Incandescent bulbs produce a steady warm, light that is good for a new spray booth.

Best Regards
Jason Kevin
-------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

fochsml

DanS, GFS created a paint booth training website that you may find helpful when building your booth. There's a section specifically on lighting for paint booths.

If you have any questions when looking through it, just ask or click on the "ask us a question" button and your question will be forwarded to the right person to answer your question.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator: