New PLotter

Vettra

Just recieved my new US Cutter plotter yesterday. It would have been an easy set up if the manual wasn't written by an Indonesion with bad grammer but I got it up and running. The vinyl came in today and I did my first test cut. Came out great. I am looking forward to creating some cool graphics.

Vettra

The disc that came with it was "pardon the french" but crap! It was a disc that looked like some yocal ran off a bunch of discs in his basement. That software was SignBlazer Elements. It crashed my main machine when I tried to load it. When US Cutter sent me an email reciept there was a link to Sign Cut. I downloaded and installed. It is very stable and works well. The only thing now is that the Oracle low tack spray mask vinyl I need was on back order so I have to use another vinyl in the interum.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Although I've never used sign cut I've heard that it's a pretty good program. I might download it and have a play with it. As for the vinyl, that you are using in the interm.Make sure it is not regular sign vinyl. As the adhesive is very aggressive and you'll pull paint off. Yep, Oracle is good. Much easier to weed due to the color.

crazycuda

Congrats on getting a cutter I also recently picked up one from us cutter. I never got the link to the sign cut software only got that signblazer program that comes included with the cutter. I also ranintot he same problem with the software crashing my computer. so grabbed an old lap top and loaded it in. Works pritty good for the minimal cutting i have done sofar but has a bad case of tracking issues. Been round and round getting it to track right.

Vettra

The link to the software was included in the email they sent to verify the purchase. If you didn't recieve it contact Levi o Brad at US Cutter. I am sure they will send it to you. Sign Cut is much better thank Sign Blazer. If for some reason they don't send it to you I can send you a copy.

THX,
Craig

Vettra

The big issue I had setting up (other than the crappy manual) was that there was no starting point given for the pressure and speed. On my initial test cut the default pressure was set to 100g and cut stright through the sheet. I had to basically do blind trial and error. My Oracle Stencil mask vinyl will be delivered in a couple of days. The basic vinyl I had them send for me to practice with was happy with the pressure set to 20g. I have cut a lot of intricate stencils and it has had no problem at all.

T

TAZ

I also got a plotter from US Cutter.
I bought the Copram (I believe that's what it's called)
That also came with Sign Blazer...looks like a program from the 90's

I'm still learning. I can only do the basic stuff. You also just need to sit down for about 6-8 hours and do nothing but go through everything to learn

Good to see you CrazyCuda!!!
:cheers:

Vettra

Scott-
Just as I told CrazyCuda- You should be able to contact US Cutter for the Sign Cut software. It is a download that requires registration but If they sent it to me there is no reason that you shouldn't have it.
As far as vectors. I create mine in Illustrator CS4. I either make from scratch or combine with premade graphics and logos. I know you are a flame expert but download this file. It is just a sample of vectors that I have. If you need assistance with creating vectors from Illustrator I can assist you there as well.
http://ftintermedia.com/40_flames.zip

T

TAZ

Thanks alot!
I don't have Illistrator. I'll see if I can open them up with another program.
I believe I can open the eps files with some freebie software I have.
I'll check them out

Thanks again!

Maylar

What size and models did you guys get, and did you buy them direct or from eBay? Been thinking about one myself...

Vettra

US Cutter MH 365. It is a 12 inch model. My thought is the 12" should be wide enough for most any graphic needed on a bike- whether it is a tank, side bag or faring. Of course it can cut as long as needed. If I ever do need something wider, I can tile the stencil. If you saw from one of my other posts, I really had a good experience with US Cutter. All except the manual that came with it. With a couple tries it was basically an easy setup.

If you do buy a US Cutter model, ask for Levi he is one of the best over there. Some of the others tried to upsell and say that the model I wanted wouldn't provide what I need. (This proved to not be correct). The model they wanted to sell was almost double what I paid.

Last edited:

yingxuy

I can download it and play with it. As for the vinyl, you are interm.Make ensure that it is not a sign of regular vinyl. As the adhesive is very positive, you will pull the paint off.

fontgeek

For creating your own/original vector artwork, Illustrator is really tough to beat, even the older versions.
If you get Illustrator, give a shout. I'll be glad to help or teach where needed.