new painter needs gun advice

gtc73

Howdy all.
So I have only been painting for 2 years and I can tell already from what I am reading, and the little experience I have that the gun I am using which is a small touch up gun to spray my bike tins is holding me back.

That said, I'm looking for some recommendations.

I'd like not to have to purchase a NEW gun unless absolutely necessary. And, if possible I'd like not to have to buy 1 gun for my base spraying and 1 gun for my clears.

Looking for that all around gun that will allow me to lay down a good base, and finish off the job with a deep clear.

So let me have it. suggestions? brands/models....
and....I'm not proud...if anyone has a decent gun that they have upgraded from that is sitting around collecting dust I'd consider making a deal with you. My budget is limited and I am constantly on ebay.

thanks folks!

T

TAZ

A SATA gun is a good gun. You'll probably want a 1.3-1.5 tip so you can do base and clear.
Normally these run about $350-$500.
Hopefully, if you buy a used gun, it's a good one. You don't want to get off on a bad start by buying a good that doesn't shoot well.
:luck:

5rain

It's unlikely that you'll find a decent Sata gun for a reasonable price. You might consider a Transtar gun, reasonably priced and work well.

kirkschopped67

I purchased a Sata Digital 3000, It is a sweet gun. I paid 600.00 for that gun new though Auto Body Depot. You will make your money back in one week. Nothing better than excellent tools.

Kirk:moon: