new here and clearcoating ,hardener questions

groovydonut

whats up? I didn't know exactly where to post this question.Anyway,I'm somewhat new to striping and I had some questions that I hope you guys can help with.I just purchased Kustom Shop E-Z flow striping enamel,now with that product,is there anything to add to the paint besides reducer,do i like have to put in a little hardener for it to last longer and give it a better appearance,and do I have to clear coat after I've applied it to a surface?This is one of those deals I picked up off the internet and they dont give you much info about what to add,or not to add to get the best result.Plus that clear coat,and hardener is somewhat expensive.Do I absolutely need to clearcoat after and use hardener in the paint?Any help would be great.

Last edited:

scapegoat

You will need to add a hardner if you are going to clear coat . Oh yeah , got ahead of myself ............welcome aboard !

groovydonut

hey man,thanx.But I was planning on striping my car and is there anything special I need to do with the paint before or after?Can I stripe a car without putting clear afterwards?What if I did a real nice stripe job and left it at that?Cause I dont have a spray gun or airbrush to spray the clear on anyway.Is that possible with Kustom Shop enamels or 1 Shot?

scapegoat

Yes you can stripe the car without clearing it . You can also use the striping enamel straight out of the can without reducer . It's just a little harder to work with . Good luck .