New guy needing help

Eagle Custom

I'm getting ready to paint my Harley and want to go with a black base with kandy tangerine flames kind of a ghost flame were only the edges are orange.
My ? is what is the best way to go about this I have done a couple flame paintjobs in the past but never a semi ghost flame like this.
After base and intercoat is layed down and flames taped out should I use a silver pearl to go around the edges of the flames untape and spray kandy or use a silver base coat around the edges untape then kandy.

I plan on spraying a test panel first but was just trying to keep my cost down by only buying the materials I need. So should I get silver pearl or silver base.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
If you are looking for a clean crisp ghost job, we always spray the parts black, clearcoat, resand flat, layout the flames, use a normal silver metallic, 'jumpstart' the flames with a coat of kk candy of your choice, remove the tape, coat the complete part with the UK candy. Then clearcoat.
This is assuming you are using HOK.

If you are looking to do a quick ghost flame job, do the black base, mask up the flames, airbrush the edges with the silver of your choice. Then remove all tape, coat with the candy. Then clearcoat.