New Dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLASH

Hey fellas,FLASH ear. I'm no painter!!!!I joined to hopefully find someone in the Seattle area to paint my bike. I have no vision and zero artistic abilities!I need someone to design a paint scheme for me using House of Kolors Cyan to Purple Kameleon paint. Possibly added with their Gold to Silver for accents????I've found a few paint jobs I'd like to use as a tool in creating mine. I'm one picky SOB though. NO... Flames, skulls, murals etc... etc.. I want graphics or blended overlapping colors.. kind of a 3D effect?If you have a paint scheme in your head that's just mind warping I'd really like to chat with you.Shoot my a PM so we can discuss both sides of this venture.I call my GIRL... "Lawless"Respect, FLASH.....

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
You ought to do a search on Google for custom painting. Also, don't just keep it local if you are wanting something really different.

FLASH

I've spent literally thousands of hours online searching photos, looking for shops and whatnot. Not one of the vendors has either the abilities or the type of work I want done. Therefore, I suspect my paint job will ultimately be by bumping into an unknown prodigy. Lastly, it's not cost effective to ship my WHOLE bike to be painted then have to pay to have it returned! This won't be a simple spray job... Kameleon paints a whole other experience! I'm looking for SHOW QUALITY or BETTER.......Thanks for the response Taz.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I've sprayed about 2100 bikes, but I'm surprised that you are looking for a 'one-off' paint job that is your own personal touch and specifications but you aren't willing to spend another $300-$400 to ship it to your prodigy that you found elsewhere in the country. If you plan on spending $3000-$7000 + approx $500+ materials I would think the shipping cost is a drop in the bucket.
Keep in mind, you'll need to disassemble the bike before any shop will want to do the bodywork and paint on it. Therefore, the complete bike would not have to be shipped. Just the frame, fenders and tank.

Actually color shift paints are fairly easy to spray, they are just expensive. I normally use PPG Harlequin which runs about $50-$60/ounce.

FLASH

With over a grand in a Kameleon paint system I want to be there when my bikes painted. Yeah, I hear all the time how everyone and their brother can spray Kameleon. I've seen the end product of some jobs and to be honest I would kick the living **** out of the cat that messed the paint up! I want someone with a lot of experience with KAMELEON doing my work. I didn't find a painter yet. I said How it will go is I'll probably find the guy through mutual friends or word of mouth rather than through the advertisers on the net. I'm not in a hurry. I want to feel the connection with whomever shoots my bike. I'm into EXTREMELY high end products so I'm very particular about my ****! I want it done EXACTLY to HOK specifications!!!!! No corner cutting or cheap products. As I said, I paid a fair amount of cash for everything need for this job.... That $300 - $400 ship is only one way bro not round trip! Done paid it once! More than enough for me.... That was for just the frame n tins.... I need my extra cash for the Gold Plating I have planed.. Amongst other things.... Do appreciate your input and understand you'd do it differently. I can respect that. I'm shooting for an extraordinarily jaw drop of an end product. Something VERY few have the actual talent for... I now have two names of highly skilled individuals. One does wicked one off designs the others a master painter so hopefully I'm on track. If not I'll just keep searching. Hope to have some design photos to share soon. Best, FLASH.....

tomsteve

sounds to me like ya oughtta get some experience and do it yourself. no way id have a customer over my shoulder ****in,moanin, and tellin me how to do the job. been there done that. wont happen again and I don't know too many painters that would allow it either.

FLASH

That's why I said VERY few have the talents to tackle such a job. I know I can't paint to that skill level. Hence, my need for a qualified individual. I wouldn't take on a painter that has issues with me wanting to watch the process. My guys admittedly tell me they never shot HOK paint and won't touch my project because they know I want perfection. I appreciate their honesty and the fact they won't blow smoke and use my project as a guinea pig!

FLASH

Hey, out of curiosity..... Is this site a bunch of guys learning to paint? Secondly, is it normal for ALL you cats to come in and trash someone's thread because you'd do it differently? This is my first post here. I'm looking for help! Basically, I need someone that's really good at paint scheme designs that can aid me in producing something I can be proud of and enjoy. I am also looking for a word of mouth painter in my area that does SHOW quality jobs and doesn't mind a million questions. Until I'm comfortable with whomever shoots this bike the paint stays locked up! The guy who shot my Yamaha virago in 83' with Alsa's Burning Ice is long gone. He was the coolest dude I ever met. We would burn one have a shot and a few beers then he'd crank the rock n roll and knock it outta the park.. I loved watching Chip work. HE was a Master painter. You paid through the nose but MAN that guy was awesome! I was pulled over a million times and bombarded with tons questions about my paint job. I want that again. If I'm in the wrong place just say so I really don't have time to be defending how or why I want my work done a certain way. I'm the one paying for it... I'm the one looking for a certain criteria. If you don't have the talent or don't know someone who does move along. If this site IS for helping fellow bikers hookup with people or products their looking for fine. If not; I didn't come here to offend or be offended. I'll move on to a more professional site. Respectfully, FLASH.

tomsteve

check out this place:http://www.kustomkulturelounge.com/forum/some very high quality work from high quality people. I wish ya luck finding someone that will let ya be up their ass while workin, plus while burnin a fatty and doin shots. also hit local car/bike shows. there probably bike nights in the area you can hit,too and ask around.dont know what ya do for a living, but imn sure you would love to have someone up yer ass askin amillion questions while yer workin,too.

tomsteve

That's why I said VERY few have the talents to tackle such a job.yes, I do have the talent. no, I don't need your work and very few would be starving enough to take it on.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm I didn't get the impression ALL us cats here were trashing you. All I see were suggestions from me and TomSteve.
What gave you that impression that ALL the cats were trashing you and your paint job?
I know I only mentioned I would look around the world for the BEST.
I think if someone has spent 1000's of hours searching paint jobs from around the world and haven't seen anything you like, then chances of finding someone in in your own back yard are really slim to none.
I personally thought $300-$400 shipping should be a drop in the bucket to you. Didn't mean for you to get offended.
Not for sure why you'd have a problem shipping to the BEST (until I read your latest post).

One thing I noticed, you only mentioned that you wanted the "Kameleon with graphics".
No one has mentioned that you have to do your paint job a certain way. Heck, all you've mentioned is Kameleon with graphics. Not a lot to go on. So how did you come up with the idea that someone is telling you how you need to paint your bike?
You can do whatever you want with your bike. Obviously by the posts, no one else cares either....it's your bike, a personal thing, and you are the one paying for it, right!?
I don't see you having to <paranoid>"defend yourself"</paranoid>. I just see suggestions

I definitely have the talent and have painted 2000+ bikes. So the SHOW quality you are looking for is no problem, but to be honest, I wouldn't have time for a customer to watch over me, ask millions of questions, listen to some tunes, BS, smoke pot, drink beer....I do have other customers as well.
After reading your latest post, sounds like you are looking more of a painters pal. One the you can go see and over-watch and BS with and ask a million questions while he works on your bike. I think it's more of the idea you want to watch it be done rather than the cost of shipping your frame and parts

And yes, most forums are made up of people that want to learn more about whatever the forum is about.

The guy who shot my Yamaha virago in 83' with Alsa's Burning Ice is long gone
Also, according to the Alsa website, Alsa was not around in 1983.

We do wish you the best on finding a painter that you can hang out with :drunk:...and do your paint job for you

Last edited:

tomsteve

well said, taz.ya know, this is the 1st time ive looked on alsas website. they have burning ice...in spray bombs.:sillyme::eek:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
well said, taz.ya know, this is the 1st time ive looked on alsas website. they have burning ice...in spray bombs.:sillyme::eek:

lol...I guess all paint jobs look good after a 12 pack, some shots and some weed.

FLASH - by the way, I wanted to look to see where you were from to see if I've written many estimates from that state, and you have House of Kolor.
What in the world lol. I guess you are trying to say you are from Texas?

FLASH

Hey Taz. Since your not able to receive PMs how does one delete their account? I'll go find a site where they respect members. Your smart ass comments and general I'm all it as a painter just rubs me the wrong way. My buddy obviously had connections with someone connected to Alsa before they went public. As I stated, he was a MASTER painter not some ****ing hack. I'm not interested in your personal views on my situation. I can plainly see I'm not going to receive help here so how do I delete my info and posts. Shouldn't be too tough with less than a dozen posts.. Flash.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Flash, Does't sound like you'll take kindly to ANY advice.
TomSteve copied and pasted some of the advice we gave you (not for sure that you meant by "I can plainly see I'm not going to receive help here")

Also, I just go by what the information says on Alsa website says. If they say they have only been in business 25 years, and some guy comes along and says that the information is wrong and they've been in business longer...well I apologize, But I would have to go by the information given by the actual company's info.
Not for sure what a public business is? If it's a business, it's...well, a business.

"As I stated, he was a MASTER painter not some ****ing hack."
Okay, but you just gave us the impression that he was drunk and high when he painted your bike (at least that's the way we interpreted it. I assume knock it out of the park meant that he was painting your bike)
We would burn one have a shot and a few beers then he'd crank the rock n roll and knock it outta the park"
He doesn't sound like he was a very professional painter if you ask me.

One more piece of advice... when you go to the next custom forum and start posting.... I would suggest not posting that you've spent thousands of hours looking at vendors and "not one
has either the abilities or the type of work I want done"
You are really disrespecting the 4000+ members/painters on the forum!!!!!

Yes, of course there are painters on this forum that can do show quality work!!!!!

FLASH - If you approached this differently and didn't have the "no one is good enough to paint my bike" attitude, on of all websites.....a CUSTOM PAINTING FORUM, you probably would have received a more inviting welcome!

By the way, there is no way you can delete your posts.
If you don't want to participate, you can use TomSteve's advice. Just don't visit anymore.

Still at a loss as why you put House of Kolor as your location. I see you are in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.