new airbrush

nooshie

I have been reading about airbrushes and I would like to buy one that isn't too expensive, but will help me do some nicer work. I am learning to flame and do some graphics. I think that the Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS might be a good purchase. I also would like to know if the Auto Air paint is good stuff and, I would like to buy a video by Craig Frazier,(Cheap Tricks). and I wondered if anyone has seen them.

I feel a little guilty always asking questions, but maybe someday I can give back with what I can learn.

Scott, Than you for this site.

Nooshie

R

rmt1and1

The HP-BCS is a great all around graphic airbrush for automotive paint. The autoair paint is pretty good stuff, but I've always felt funny using the stuff when automotive paint is just better for the customer. Of course it's all personal preference. Just about any Craig Frasier video is worth the look. He's in a class by himself. The man can just do some amazing stuff with an airbrush right off the top of his head.... Hope this gives you a small amount of insidght.

T

TWISTED

The Eclipse is a good airbrush. You can also try out the Paasche VL. It is a pretty good airbrush and not expensive.
The Auto air is good paint. It takes some getting used to. As long as you coat it with a good automotive clear it is going to be durable and last a while.
Craig Fraiser has one of the better video series out on the market.

L

luve2raveu

I have been using the Nikota . It has a 7cc cup and it is gravity fed. I have not had any problems with it yet.
bigokay.gif

nooshie

NIkota, is a name I haven't seen in my catologs. Where can I see a picture of this?

So far I like the look of the Iwata because it has one head for all spray patterns. I also like the Paasche VL, but I don't know how to say it.

This is great stuff, Thanks for the imput.

Nooshie

VisioN

The Paasche VL is a good work horse, but pretty crude and heavy on the trigger compared to the Iwata. The Paasche V is also a crude and very simple airbrush. The needles and nozzles are very cheap to replace. Unlike the Iwatas it can take a few days of continuous use to bed the needle in. Once that's achieved you will have yourself an awesome airbrush.

M

marifarr921

The Eclipse BCS is a great tool for general spraying. It does everything good.It's a workhorse airbrush. It's perfect for doing most of your spraying, gross detail work, and general backgrounds.