Need Help On Selecting My First Airbrush

R

richiep

I'm just starting out to learn airbrush techniques and want to do some motorcycle customizing. Any suggestions on a good (not too expensive) first setup? I see there's some Badger and Paasche equipment on EBay, also a lot of "no-name" airbrushes. The "no-name" stuff is really inexpensive. As far as airbrushes and compressors go, is this a case of you get what you pay for??

D

DenB.

Yes it is just that " you get what you pay for" get the best equip. you can afford and it'll last a long time. as for the compressors! don't get the smallest diaphram style they just aren't worth the money (like the single dia.) and when you do get one make sure you also get a moisture trap on it Good Luck

T

TWISTED

Check out bearair.com for your airbrush. I would suggest an Iwata eclipse or paasche VL for your first one. Even after you get better they will still be useful.
As for a compresser I would not suggest the little ones at the hobby stores. Wal Mart sells a small compresser for about $100. It is pretty quiet and more than enough to run an airbrush. Also cheaper than the little ones you get from the hobby shops.

K

kustom paint workz

ALL I CAN SAY IS LISTEN TO TWISTED. COAST AIRBRUSH IS PROBABLY THE BEST. IF YOUR REAALLY INTERESTED IN THIS STUFF I WOULD SAY GO WITH THE IWATA HP-C. ITS THE BEST IN MY OPINION WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE IWATA MICRON. IF YOUR STILL LITTLE UNSURE GO WITH THE ECLIPSE. I WOULD ALSO LOOK INTO ONE OF THE WALMART (CAMPBELL-HAUSEFIELD) COMPRESSORS. YOU CAN BUY A SMALL ON PRETTY CHEAP AND IF YOU GET OUT OF THE AIRBRUSHING THING YOU CAN STILL USE IT TO AIR UP TIRES AND STUFF.