need help on hok candys

lt1chevelle

ok i am no pro i just took a class in high school last year on painting a bondy work and am always doing body work for my buddys and on my cars and what not so i though i would paint my old dirtbike helmet. so i was lazy and just wet sanded it down well it has like a cheakers desinge on it soooo you can kinda see that through the candy just the shapes. but my question is sence i do not have a buth there is ssome dust spects in the candy. can i wet sand that with like 1000 or 1500. i put 3 coats of cand and i mean 3 good coats. i first starte with hoks white sealer them hok tangelo pearl 4 coats, them hit it with the hok candy orange. some once again can i wet sand the candy then apple my clear, i also got one little run in the front got alittle happy spraying whats the best way to get it off?? thanks

T

TAZ

Usually when you get dirt in candy, the candy gathers around the dirt and you end up with darker candy spots. If you don't have this, I guess you are lucky.

If you are happy with the way the candy looks, you can just sand the surface, then reclear it, not candy it.

If you add more candy, you may end up with a very dark candy. Since you are using Tangelo as the base under the candy, I don't think you want to go too dark on the candy since Tangelo has 'pearl' in it instead of the usually metallic like the BC colors have.

Good luck to you!

lt1chevelle

ok thaks ther was not dark sports just little bumps of dirt you can see. so ill wet sand with 1000-1500 then clear. ill puts some pics up when im done see what ya think
thanks