my first crotch rocket

hoss

i was pretty intimidated about this job at first. i know the flow has to be right for each peice so it doesn't look funky. the flow looks good i think. i'll just have to wait till it's put back together before i really know about the flow.

colors turned out pretty cool. it's got a metalic teal base w/ red/orange/yellow true fire. hand pinstriped in green and purple. then candied w/ pagan gold and cleared.

what do you think?

2983PC020033.JPG

2983PC020026.JPG

2983PC020023.JPG

2983PC020021.JPG

martin3294

Nice work, see your getting better with the real flames hoss, hows your skull teeth comming on? those pics look reall good.

Lit383

Nice!

Hey, I'm new here. But I've learned alot by reading your posts. Hoss, did you candy over the inlays or did you tape them off and spray over w/yellow? Nice work w/ the striping by the way.

hoss

1)i sprayed my main base over the whole thing-green
2) sprayed red base background
3) sprayed orange to start flame licks
4)taped off graphics
5) sprayed yellow basecoat and took off graphics tape
6) custom pagen yellow w/ a touch of brandi kandi wine (just a slight orange tint)
then clearcoated.

Lit383

Cool

I see, well it looks great. I'll try to downsize some pics of my work, so you guys can pick through them. They are too big to put on here right now. I'll prob. be asking you alot about my pinstriping, i'm not to good at it yet.

hoss

I see, well it looks great. I'll try to downsize some pics of my work, so you guys can pick through them. They are too big to put on here right now. I'll prob. be asking you alot about my pinstriping, i'm not to good at it yet.

neither am i! but i keep on workin, and i'm a lot better than i used to be.