My 1966 C-10 frame-off build

Victor Shidono

Hi TAZ

Thank you for your quick reply. No wonder I keep coming back to this forum people here are very helpful.
Here is a picture of the actual car. PS –have not seen the car in person yet to tell exactly the state of the paint but on picture it looks like the car has been looked after.
Ford Focus.jpgI am prepared to change the base for the paint job to get the effect I am looking for.
I would be able to buy solid colors locally but have to order pearls online.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Since you can buy solid colors, possibly by a nice solid lime green. Then mix both a yellow and a green pearl. Better yet. If you can get 'crystals' instead of pearl, this would look GREAT over the solid lime green.

Victor Shidono

Hi TAZ

Talking about crystals, – would Kustom Shop Diamond Crystal Pearls pass for a “crystal”?
It is said to be a highly transparent pearl that achieves a gem-like multi-color sparkle without affecting the base-color tone. Also that it is highly reflective and provides a sharp and brilliant sparkle effect.
They have an emerald green KUSDCP75.

Victor Shidono

Hi TAZ

Talking about crystals, – would Kustom Shop Diamond Crystal Pearls pass for a “crystal”?
It is said to be a highly transparent pearl that achieves a gem-like multi-color sparkle without affecting the base-color tone. Also that it is highly reflective and provides a sharp and brilliant sparkle effect.
They have an emerald green KUSDCP75.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
That does sound like the same crystals, BUT, if it's the same type as the PPG Vibrance crystals, they come in liquid form.
Not for sure if you could just get the crystals by themselves.