My 1966 C-10 frame-off build

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Wydir! Working on the bedsides right now.
Had a very clean one just shipped to me from TX a couple weeks ago. Had it blasted, and now in primer.
Went in today (SUN) to work on the other sides.

Wydir

If you dont mind me asking, What paint did you use, Love that color.

Is it a factory code ? or Custom mix?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
August Updates

Concentrated on the bedsides and the rear bumper.
Had to replace the inner panel of one of the bedsides. The left bedside was in excellent condition.

bedpanels_painted03.jpgpaint-clear02.jpgpaint-clear06.jpgprimed_bedside2.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
September Updates

Bed assy. Also bought some new tubs. Widened them 3.75 inches. Also bought a F150 seat. This has since been reupholstered.
Mocked up the bed on the truck. Rode around without the bed wood for a few weeks..

bed_assembly02.jpgbed_on_truck09.jpgbed-on01.jpghome04.jpghome-large04.jpgseat3.jpgtub06.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
October Updates

Tubs, bed strips (with hidden fasteners), cold air intake, bed wood is done.

01-lake-seminole.jpg04-lake-seminole.jpg12-strips.jpg14-tubs.jpgair_induction_05.jpgbed_installed02.jpgbed_installed08.jpgbed1.jpgbed-wood-01.jpgbed-wood-06.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
October Updates (2)

The tailgate is on!!! Just in the nick of time. First show I did not have a tailgate on. The second show, I installed it about an hours before I went to the show.

First show - Quaker Steak and Lube October 16 - took Best of Show in my class (60-70 cars and trucks)
Second show October 23, 2011 - took Best of Show out of 151 cars and trucks

Also got a photo shoot for either Truckin or Street Truck magazine
The last two pics show the photographer, and the pic that he took. The last pic is what he called a vertical picture, when he said are pics for the front cover of a magazine. We'll see
:bigokay:

bed-wood-11.jpgphotoshoot6.jpg

vertical_shots.jpg

DSC_0267a.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot! keeping my fingers cross.
Looks like you're right behind me :cheers:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
November/ December 2011 Updates

Well, after 13 months, I consider my 'build' done.

front01.jpg scott_110411.jpg
tailgate01.jpg110811.jpg

December
Well, I thought I was done. One more addition. A Gaylords cover
Fits perfect. Remote lock. No bolts needed. Sure keeps the bed wood clean now!
03_unpacked.jpg 07_painted.jpg
02.jpg 16_after.jpg

Attachments

• 120211tr_54+courtney_halowell_benefit_car_and_truck_show+negative_camber.jpg
    120211tr_54+courtney_halowell_benefit_car_and_truck_show+negative_camber.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 120211tr_52+courtney_halowell_benefit_car_and_truck_show+negative_camber.jpg
    120211tr_52+courtney_halowell_benefit_car_and_truck_show+negative_camber.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks!! Can't wait to see it myself. Hope I can find an issue...or 10.
Custom Classic Truck Mag is kind of hard to find around here!

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I found out my truck has a 7 page feature in Classic Custom Truck Magazine.
Still can't find the magazine, but I found it online and have 10 issues coming (February, 2012)
:bigokay:
I heard I have 7 pages including the front "Contents" pages (2) along with 2 other double pages and a single page.
My first feature (I have 4 show worthy trucks)
COOL!

satatom

TAZ just been looking @ you videos ,boy i would love to have ago of that, the lump sounds the nuts ,and the paintwork is awesome ,all i can say is keep up the gooooood work mate:bigokay::bigokay::bigokay:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot!!! I appreciate the compliments!!!

Got a real nice pic in this month's "Street Trucks" magazine

Victor Shidono

Green ford focus

Hi Taz, i've just brought a used 2000 green ford focus with a zetec engine on the net from Japan. Gettin it in a months time. I do not like the stock green but have to keep the car green due to stiff regulations here on color change. I like your lime green on your truck. I would like your help on getting a similar shade for my car. I want it lime green and when hit by the sun should show some yellow-gold in it. Please just remember that here in Zambia, I can only order powder pearls online from the states to mix in clear that i can buy locally. I can't buy liquid paint online. So your advise must concentrate on dry pearls. TCP global stock HOK, PPG and kustom shop pearls and flakes. Any ideas what would be close to what i'm looking for? Thanks for your help in advance.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Victor1
Tough question...not for sure on this. Do you have any pics of your current paint job. Did you plan on just using your current paint job as the base for the paint job. Then alter it with pearls over it?