Motorcycle Parts Stand

rex

Really.Well,I haven't been able to find the pix so I'll shoot some new ones this week.Thanx for the patience guys.

C

chevyy57

Rex, I would love some of the pic's also..Thanks friend.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif

rex

Damn,sorry guys,this totally skipped my memory.I'll get some pix by Thursday and hopefully I can post them(the older members know how bad this pic stuff screws with me).

RoameR

Rex, I would like to see the completed pictures also as I am just starting to get into painting.
Thanks

T

TAZ

RoameR,
Heck...Rex just went through a 150 MPH hurricane..sure it's going to take him awhile to get his thoughts (and pics) back together. Now about that 6 pack, I'm sure that pulled through safe and sound.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
Give him some time...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bounce.gif

rex

Damn it man,this topic erased from my mind bigtime,my appologies.I'll snap some new pics and get them up for you (like I said,give me a few days just to post them since anything above this level blows my mind).The new board should be easier to do but I have to do a few things to prepare for the next asswoopin' I might get from Mother Nature.I promise I won't forget you guys this time though.If we do get hit again the power is sure to go out even if we only get a wisper so if you don't hear from me we're back to a generator on the food and fans and showering under the roof in the afternoon rain (if I'm out of work again I accept tips for t!t shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif )

PS. The wife charges bigtime but they're much larger than mine too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif .

nyntyproof

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif
PS. The wife charges bigtime but they're much larger than mine too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lolsign.gif

Ultra Al

Hi, I did a mod on Scott's stand, pretty simple really. I just drilled a some holes in the top of the stand,(which formerly held the roller) and bolted on a small vice. Next I took some 3/8 round stock, hot or cold rolled, what ever youve got, bent it in a "C" shape and welded tabs on each end and drilled holes in the tabs. The C shape was bent so that the tabs line up with the tanks mounting bolt holes. Then you can put the round stock in the vice at any angle you want and bolt on the tank. You dont need a bar bender for the round stock. I just anealed mine with an acetalyne torch and bent it by hand. Not real sophisticated but it does work. Al

hoss

I picked up the stands for 20.00 a piece. instead of using the plummbers tape(the holy metal strap) I screwed in some 1x1 wood. then i can wrap that w/ the pipe insulation.i had the wood laying around so i just used it.

the stands are fabulous so far. I put a 2'X2' piece of plywood on top of one, then i have a standing table that i can paint helmets on, or have my extra airbrush paint on.

i was thinking about making it so i could fit a 2"x4" parrallel w/ the area the wheel was so that i could use one to paint tanks on. has anyone tried that yet?

Austin

Yeah, I have a 4x4 bolted to the top of 2 of mine then I wrap towels around the 4x4 untill it fits tight on one piece tanks. It also works for rear fenders and "big" front fenders as well.
Austin

AirArt

Hey Scott,
Quite a while ago I bought the roller stand you're talking about but I did something a little different. I took off the roller and bolted in a 2x3 in it's place, with the bottom angled a bit so the top edge is level. Then I made several jigs that will sit on top of this with part of a motorcycle tire screwed to it. I used dirt bike tires and they hold the fenders fine and a wide cruiser tire for wider fenders. They're a little heavy but they worked.
But, I found a place that makes and sells stands that work pretty darn good for less than HOK. It's called Conley Customs ..... I bought the middle set and they work great.

www.conleycustomchoppershop.com

If you're selling stands, delete this post but if not, Conley Customs make some really nice, lightweight but sturdy stands and there's no need for the top end model, the 750 series works great.

Best of luck to all .....
Phil

Ultra Al

Hey Scott I took your idea and modified it to make a set of tank stands to go with the fender stand. i posted it in the how to section of this forum. AL

prime45

No problem.Give me till tomarrow night though because the wife went to bed and I have no idea how to until she shows me.I think there's one I didn't post(for the short time they were up) but not sure.I have to warn you they are 3 digit kb files though so I'll let you know how many I send.
REX I,m new here and about to start painting my motorcycle in my garage . Just was reading about your stand . Can you please email me some pics please . My Email is kenjahna@embarqmail.com . Been looking for a stand set up not to expensive and i can mcgiver any thing to work . LOL THanks
Ken Jahna