metalflake tip for HP-C+

Jim

Hey guys,What tip do i need to spray metallics thru my Iwata HP-C+?I can spray solid colors now but,metal flake just spits and sputters.thanks,jim

hoss

i have the hp-c and you can go get new tips for it. .4, however it still spits w/ metalics. i think it has to do w/ the shaft that the paint has to go through. as it goes down the shaft and around the needle the space becomes less, and makes it harder for flake.

the eclipse has a larger volume area around the tip w/o that shaft to go through. the eclipse also has different tips you can get. a .35 and a .5. if you have the eclipse that's the mod i'd make for flake. your out of luck w/ the hp-c i beleive.

i do like the .4 tip and the .3 needle combo i upgraded my hp-c w/. it shoots a little more media when you want it and still has very fine detail.

martin3294

also you should take off the crown cap if fitted as well as the nozzle cap so you can see the needle. This will help you spray flakes out more even as well as turn up the air flow. Even with a .3 needle combo you should still be able to spray flakes by doing this without popping in a .5 needle and .5 nozzle.

Jim

Thanks for the replies,I'll try it without the caps first.If that don't work,time for another brush.Jim

martin3294

Good luck, air cap and nozzle removed should sort your problem out, also turn up the air pressure, let us know how you get on.