marbelizer question

R

rico

I am going to help out a guy who is painting my bike and I like the look of marbelizing. How hard is it to do??? He is an experienced painter but has never used that technique before. Any hints will help out alot
Thanks

ezrider

Rico, so you want to marbilize you bike, one of my favorite paint effects.i recomend using House of Kolor products to get this job done for a first timmer. you willneed:
1 quart of base coat (black gives the best effect)
1 quart of marbilizer ( the color choice is yours)
1 quart of inter coat clear
house of kolor base coat reducer
Clear,reducer, and catylist
Base your parts reduce the base 2 parts base to 1 part reducer. let dry for a half hour, spray on a coat of marbilizer ( no reduction, right out of the can ) let dry for a minute or so then place clear food wrap on complete surface being marbilized, rub wrapped surface with your hands making sure to pat down entire surface the more contact the better the effect. now pull wrap off you now have the marbile effect (only marbilize one piece at a time ). after all pieces are marbilized let dry for a half hour then shoot a coat of intercoat clear (reduced the same as the base coat ) on your work if you dont when you shoot the uro clear it will lift the marbilizer. your total cost for all your paint supplies will be about $200 (clear included ). do your self a favor when buying the material get your self a tech book and it should smooth out any questions you may have. good luck
bigokay.gif

R

rico

ok, thanks, How about marbelizing the whole flame job? Is that too big of an area to cover at once. I read on HOK site about using bubble wrap, or aluminum foil. The bubble wrap sounds like it might be pretty neat. I'm new to the painting scene. I would like to do the base in " candy yellow" ? or something bright like that, and then marbelize the flames. What do you think????

ezrider

Rico, when i marbilize, i marbilize one part at a time. you will be fine marbilizing flames it is a very forgiving product. you can read tech sheets on House of Kolor products at www.autobodysupply.net Lilac marbilizer would probaly look cool on yellow. do your self a favor and spray some test panels so you can get your color scheme worked out. once you marbilize you will not believe how easy it is to do.
bigokay.gif