Looking for opinions on spray guns

F

Fast95Z

Hi, Im new to custom painting and Im really getting hooked fast I just got my first airbrush in september, a Iwata Hp-CS, and now Im looking for a small spray gun. I want something that I can use for motorcycle tanks, small auto graphics and murals. My problem is I dont have much experience and dont know what to look for. Right now the three im looking at are the Sata Minijet 2, Iwata rg-3 & w-100 Id like something that is big enough to spray metalics and other course paint and I want it to be able to clear. Im not sure if I should go with HVLP or not. And whats the difference between these $200 and up guns and a $50 sears one. If anyone has any advise or any opinions on guns let me know. I dont have alot of money to waste and I want to get something that will do all that I want it to. Thanks

M

motorhead100

I like my Binks #7. It's an older gun. I like to call it the latino special, cause all the old school mexican painters I knew used them(useless knowledge). I've used a sears gun, didn't like it. I've used a hvlp, for bigger job you really need a 60 gal.+ tank, I have a 30 gal. Good luck.

A

AXE

rule of thumb seems to be the more $$$ ya spend on your spay gun the better the paint job turns out...... I find the sata works pretty good.....