Latest flame job

barrio

Hello Everyone, My name is Jody Barrio.... Live right outside of Biloxi, MS... I am new to this forum... I am involved with custom painting on street rods, and all other vehicles. Here is one I just finished clearing... still have to do some 'Run sanding' ... Please give me some feedback...

hoodside.jpg

hoodcloseup.jpg

IMG

dixiethedog

WOW WOW WOW a million times!!!! That's one of the nicest looking flame jobs Ive ever seen! Stunning! Im just starting off with painting,and can only dream of producing such fantastic work. Truly inspirational.

barrio

Thank You Dixie !!! I appreciate the kind words...... These kind of flames are generally easy.... Once you get the concept and dynamics of fire..... I have the mindset of paint 'hot gases'.... if i think flames... i tend to stylize the artwork in the shape of hotrod flames..... so... I recommend stuying pics of fire... many many pics.... and then using the proper colors and candies for this effect... Thanks again, Jody

dixiethedog

Thanks for that Jodie,it sounds like good advice,and i can see what your thinking when you say about the gasses. I think I need an airbrush now!!!! LOL.
Thanks again,and please post some more pics of your great work next time you have your spray guns out!
dixiethedog
(Brett).

TINMAN

thats one bas ass flame job!!!! im still trying to get there..

:bigokay:
Hello Everyone, My name is Jody Barrio.... Live right outside of Biloxi, MS... I am new to this forum... I am involved with custom painting on street rods, and all other vehicles. Here is one I just finished clearing... still have to do some 'Run sanding' ... Please give me some feedback...

hoodside.jpg

hoodcloseup.jpg

QUOTE]

Maddy

That is a very neat work JODY, I like the charcter that you have put in your flames very expressive and they flow from all side. Good one.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any a pics you can show of what you have accomplished so far. This way, we can compare and give you some tips.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Hello Tinman, this is one of the nicest pieces I:ve seen. Nice flow,lots of depth and movement, Great colors.

gtc73

what else can I say accept " fireakin awesome!" I inspire to be as good with real fire!!!!!

tomls5

That is impressive! Here I am struggling with my first set of ghost flames and I see this! What an inspiration. How much time do you have in that piece?

very slick.. I get what you mean by understanding the flame, here's where i get my inspiration
flame2.jpg
yup.. that's what i used to do, so instead of an actual flame, I inspire to paint them instead lol...