Iwata LPH400 paint gun what nozzle and cap should I buy?

drewpoh

Hi I'm new to the forum,

I plan on buying a LPH400 as it is highly recommended by everyone thats owned one (so it must be a great gun), but since it comes in a verity of nozzle sizes and different caps I don't know which one would be right for me.

I plan on using this gun for my base and clears, (some budget gun for primer since I'm going to sand it anyways untill I can buy another decent gun for primer)

I'm wanting to paint a metelic (blue/purple)ink colour like the one in this picture below, but maybe with a metelic touch.

2133321.jpg

I have some spraying experience but never sprayed a whole car, just a few bonnets, body kits (and alike) which have turned out well.

I'm thinking 1.4mm or 1.3mm as thats what most people have and start with the orange cap? and maybe buy the other ones down the track (silver and purple)?

And also how do you paint metelic colours? I thought I'd ask here first as I have yet to research into that area.

Thanks,

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
If you are only getting one gun, I would probably recommend a 1.4 You can use this for both the base and the clear.

As far as how to spray metallic. You basically spray these the same as a solid.
Just watch out for mottle (splotches).

Good luck to you!

mllud

The 1.4 is most best. AS far as the different caps available for that gun there are three. If you buy the gun with the 1.4 lv cap [silver] You can buy the oarnge cap. lvx model for around a hundred bucks and add the purple cap lvb model for around 125 bucks. You will then have all three guns.
You will then have a system that covers all that you want to spray for about 750.00.
Go to tcp global website and look at the Iwata 400 series guns and they have the best information on the gun you want. It also explains about buying the three caps and what each cap covers. Mike
edit: I see you already plan on the other tips later. Great gun.

Last edited: