Iwata Eclipse Hp Cs or Devilbiss DAGR

Reuven

Hi guys. I want to fix some deep scratches on my car. So I decided to buy an airbrush. My questions are:
1. Can I use car paint?
2. Which airbrush is best for car touch ups ?

Thanks.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome. I'm not for sure how you plan on attacking this, but if you just want to "touch-up" maybe just do it with a touch up brush.
If you plan on sanding and blending, you may want to try a jam gun
Jam guns are great for smaller areas

Reuven

Thanks for your reply.
I will sand but not to much only the clear. I have devilbiss finish line gun. I don't want to paint all the car only scratches and some chips.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like if you only have to sand the clearcoat, you can just buff this out then

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Most definitely BUT when you airbrush, the metallic colors tend to turn out lighter than what it's supposed to be. I guess because the metallic flakes come out different than a regular gun.
If it's a solid color you are painting, then this will work out better.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Metallic flakes can clog or make the airbrush sputter if they are too big in size. Plus like I mentioned, the way the come out of the airbrush makes the metallics lighter than you would think.

I would suggest something like an Iwata W-100 or a Iwata W-101 for smaller jobs. You can adjust these to a very small pattern if needed. They are also fairly inexpensive. They can also do medium sized jobs as well.