Iwata 9230 AZ3HV2-13GC HVLP

95 Road King

Hey ya'll......Is anyone out there familiar with the above gun?? The specs are>: (An affordable center post gravity HVLP spray gun. Tip size is 1.3, Pattern width: 11.0"; 28 PSI; 12.0 cfm; Usage: sealer.) Is this a decent gun for the money since it is an iwata?? Also.....what do they mean by "usage: sealer"????? Does that mean it will not spray anything else very well or what do they mean?? Confused....thank you.:think1:

HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE......
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]IWATA W71-21G 1.3 mm gravity feed spray Gun.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] [/FONT]Iwata Air Gunsa 1.3 HVLP Waterborne Gravity Spray Gun
The W71 is a durable lightweight spray gun with a built-in air adjustment valve. It is very versatile. Suitable for small to medium painting jobs in a wide variety of industries.
Paint Cup
Fluid nozzle orifice mm (inch)
Fluid output ml/min.
Spray Pattern mm (inch)
Required air compressor kW
Miata PC-4ST, 400 ml Aluminum Cup
1.3-mm (0.05)
165 (6.5)
Add $10 USD to upgrade to our newest Non-Stick Teflon Coated Cup
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
Teflon Coated Miata (400ml) PC-4STF Gravity Cup
[/FONT]
Feature and Benefits:

• Light-weight
  • Gravity Feed
  • Compact
  • Easy to clean
  • With Air adjusting valve (input)

hdr1_texture1.gif
hdr2_texture1.gif
hdr3_texture1.gif
left1_texture1.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
prod_182.jpg

Smooth polished surface makes it easier to clean
• Ergonomic gun design
New trigger and ergonomic grip shape to relieve stress on painting

• Light weight & well balanced body
Gun head 20-50 g lighter than previous model

• New air flow valve
Increased control precision

• Improved AKULON cup
Improved paint cup with multi thread construction

• Pressure assisted cup (new product)
AirGunsa have added a pressure assisted paint cup system to the high viscosity paint application range

• Spare parts compatible with previous AZ3 HTE

Model Item No. Fluid Nozzle Size
mm
(inch)
Atomizing PSI CFM Pattern Width
mm
(inch)

AZ3HV-13GC 9100 1.3 (0.050) 29.0 13.8 12.2

[/FONT]

WHICH OF THESE GUNS DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST GUN FOR B/C C/C MOTORCYCLE PARTS. I CAN GET ANY OF THESE AT A REALLY LOW PRICE. SOOOOO......HELP ME OUT HERE YA'LL!!!

Last edited:
T

TAZ

I haven't sprayed that gun, but from the sounds of it, it would make a decent basecoat gun. I believe what they mean by "sealer" is that it's really made to be a 'sealer' gun, not really a clearcoat or a basecoat gun. Possibly it's not one of their better atomizing guns.

Possibly one of our other members have used or sprayed with it

95 Road King

Thats cool Taz.....Are you or anyone else here familiar with the other two guns?? the iwata #W101 or the #AZ3HV-13GC IWATA AIR GUNZA?? They sound like they would both be okay starter guns but hey......I dont have a clue what is what really.....I appreciate everyone's help tho. Anybody have any input??? ANYBODY??? LOL.

T

TAZ

Personally, I haven't used an Iwata...I know my painter just bought an Iwata gun. I'll see what it is and post back tomorrow (Monday)

T

TAZ

The gun that my painter bought here at works is a IPH - 400 I believe it was, which I think personally is more of a basecoat gun than a clearcoat gun.

nzgrip

The gun that my painter bought here at works is a IPH - 400 I believe it was, which I think personally is more of a basecoat gun than a clearcoat gun.

LPH-400lv, thats what i have. They have 3 versions which just have different air caps so you can buy 1 gun and 3 air caps. The silver (LV4) for clear, the orange (LVX) for base, and the purple (LVB) for the tricky pearls and metallics. I just have the silver and purple. The LVB was originally the base gun i think but is quite slow so they came out with the LVX which is faster, but the LVB is still better for the hard to spray colors.

mituan

Thanks Taz, What I would like to know is the paint like the HOK the right stuff to use or is there something else a beginner airbrush artist should use...