I Got a old batwing to work on a 04 sportster!

RemnantRider

I thought someone might want to see this pic I have seen one on a narrow glide before but a 7 inch headlight must be used to fill in the gaps around the cut out in the wing I used 4 simple turn signal relocation clamps (Custom Chrome) and attached them on the fork tubes in the exact places a quick detach clamp whould go for a winshield (HD style)and to my amazment the mount holes on the Batwing matched exactly to the turn signal clamps! all i had to do is cut a notch out in them so i could set it down on the bottom bolts then push forward into the upper bolts and it quickly goes on almost as fast as a qiuck release windshield! the narrow forks are about 1"1/4 narrow on each side than the (FLH )so i just tweaked the L clamps that the fiberglass wing attaches to instead of a L it is more of a V to bring it in on each side. it feels great to ride at 85MPH and not be distracted by the wind! I am going to Color match and flame paint it to my bike and then it will look cool( I Think?) overall it worked the wrap around fender helps along with the 4.5 Gal tank without them i think? Later Guys and Gals!

Last edited:

RemnantRider

Hey flame pain I sent a big long line then it said i was not logged in kinda good i guess can you please give me some steps if i have a tank or fender that is already cleared and flamed and you want to either change the flame color or the base color down the road . my parts been done for 3 years now and I am thinking of doing just that . in order to get all my new parts to match my current flame color was some what of a custom color and i dont know what it is so i thought i wahould use the same flame color for all then i know what i have I thought using a fine like 1000, or 1,500 paper then masking off the base shoot flames then reclear the piece then wet sand and polish it out it should work the same if I kept the flames and changed the base right? if you can point me to what the pro" do like yourself i whould be confident thanks ,this is a new messege to a old question i did not know how to go right to you thanks RR.

flamepain

i dont see why it wont work.you can scuff it down with 800 and you should be good to go.make sure you clean it real well to remove old polish an such.remask and base over the old flames with your new flame color.apply two coats of clear. when it dries sand out the line being careful not to go to deep with 1000-1500 grit wet.shoot two more coats of clear.cut and polish.is this what you are thinking?? if so i think it should work fine.good luck.cyas