how to learn

E

Envious Interiors

hey, anybody know of any good websites that show step by step how to use and paint with an airbrush. i really want to learn, but cant afford any books yet.

flamethrower

This may sound a little old fashioned, but when I first started trying to airbrush I went to the library and they lat me check out several different how to books on airbrushing. All free! Check that out.
2idea.gif

FT

E

Envious Interiors

ive tried that one. we have a huge library in our town, but no airbrushing books there. they have them in the system, but none at the location. it kinda sucks. i bought a magazine called airbrush art + action, but it doesnt really show anything for automotive stuff. they mostly used water based stuff, and did it on canvas. so im back to square 1. im soooo lost. lol

NightShiftX

You don't need much info to start.Go buy your
airbrush and some acrylic auto paint.Mix the paint acc.to specs and start spraying dots and
lines.Practice 5-10 hours until you can spray
the dots and lines exactly you intend to do.
Then you can do whatever you want.If you
don't beleive this method works,check my site
for my first airbrush pix.I did it after 5 hours of
practising.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nightshiftx

T

TWISTED

Try airbrush action magazine. The one you mentioned is a european mag as is more of a showcase than a how to. Airbrush Action has several how to's every month on everything from automotive to painting fish(not pictures of fish but an actual fish. They put flames on a marlin. I think it was craig fraiser). There are also two Q&A sections that are pretty informative.

B

Burton

I started out a with a book call Cheap Tricks and
Special F/X by Craig Fraser. Then I started picking up as many videos as a could find. It got a little expensive but I feel it helped out a lot. I would recommend some of the videos put out by Criag Fraser on the special F/X series. Vince Goodeve has some good ones but for a beginner he gets a little intense. Watching these helped me realize its not magic and like NightShift said it just takes pratice, for some more then others but everyone had to of started somewhere. WWW.AIRBRUSHACTION.COM has a ton of videos, also you can order Craig's book at a lot of paint shops like innate.com or coastairbrush.com.

S

SmokinDesign

Try the West Coast Airbrush Website.

There is tons of useful stuff there.

Adrian

N

Nate Hansen

start out with the waterbased stuff.
if ya start out with the auto stuff you're way over your head.
it takes years of practice, and if you think you can just jump right into it no problem you've got the wrong frame of mind to get anywhere with it........

D

DragonRider

You might check ut Airbrush Artist Magazine - an online mag. I've been looking at it and they have a lot of good information. The guy who puts it out also sells supplies and stuff, I don't yet know if he's competitive as I'm new at this too, but seems like a good resource.