How did it work out?

hoss

I had someone recently e-mail me and asked if there was anyway to get a good chrome look for his bike w/ out having it chromed? So, i was wondering, "How did the chrome paint worked out?" Has anyone had any success w/ it?

Another thing that he added is that he wanted a black chrome? I was thinking of a speuter or peuter color whatever that word is for the dark chrome. Is there anyway to achieve that look?

I was doing some brainstorming, and i thought about some type of intercoat/candy that was a charchoal sprayed over that chrome paint. Could a person mix up a few candies to achieve a charcoal color and get the look of the dark chrome? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gif

flamethrower

I haven't used it yet, although I have a bottle. I heard it works great, but I still haven't seen it personally. As far as black chrome goes... I don't know what you could add to achieve that look. However, if it's colored chrome you want then it's Color Chrome you'll get. Have you checked out POR-15's Color Chrome? It comes in 8 different colors and they say you can mix to any color you want. (I don't know how to mix for black though.) You might try POR-15's website and ask them.
http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=204

I have seen this stuff and it looks great!

Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekout.gif

hoss

This guy wants a chrome look that can be achieved by paint. It sounds like this paint is just to alter the color of something that is already chromed or pollished.

Am I correct?

rex

I've seen pctures of Alsa's chrome paint and it looks cool but not quite 'there'.If it's black chrome he wants he has to get it plated-there's a look to black chrome that can't be duplicated.Beautiful finish but it isn't as durable as std chrome.