House of kolor NEON!

Robinray

Hi,1st time post, new to the board. HELLO! I live in Florida,and the SUN is strong down here. I'm building a 73 VEGA PANAL DELIVERY drag racer. Being raised in Indianapolis and attending every single Indy 500 event, practice, qualifying,race I was always DRAWN to the neon colored cars and said when I grow up (still haven't) I'm going to get a race car and paint it neon red. For those not familiar with the Vega,there relitivly a small car,and I'm also painting it gloss black from the windshield forward, and nose with the exception of the cowl hood which will neon,with black strobe stripes . The HOK rep said I needed 2 gallons on the red neon, 6 quarts of white primer with 2 of those being the neon mixed in with the white. The 2 gallons of there clear coat which the advertise as having the most UV protection of all clearcoat. I have 2 quarts of jet black to do the hood,tops of fenders and nose. I guess everything sounds right except the amount of clear coat seems a little much. and I also understand that the UV in the clear rise to the top so wet sanding might be HAZARDOUS to the job. Car will be garaged,and at shows I'll try to find shade,Park at a angle where sun is not direct,and plan on buying enough RED NEON SPANDEX to stretch over the top use magnets to attach when I just can't got out of Mr. Suns way! by the way,I made a sweet 3d window sticker with the name VEGADETH copied from their logo from the band MEGADETH and just chopping the left and right bars off. I wanting so FEEDBACK from anyone familiar with the use of neon on a automobile, I'm purchasing all the products,and then will be looking for the BEST PAINTER that my money can buy! I'll be doing the jams myself with cans and 2 k clear coat. I know this is a LONG WINDED post it I had alot to say!! Again I'm the NEWBIE!! and would appreciate any and all help, suggestions,tips etc. etc. thank you all so much