Hot Rod 'Hot-Hues'

BobRobert

Runnin' primer has come a long way from the 50's 'dark gray'. The Barris Bros selected this finish for many of their projects. It was tagged 'Black', but was Dark Gray.

Many coats were applied, steel wool brought out the satin matte finish. Has been one of my favorite 'paint jobs' for over 50 years.

My latest project is the Chevrolet S-10 pickup. Overhaul of the 4 inch bore / 3 inch stroke 2.5 four banger has started. Needed something to keep my interest and also entertain me, keep me out of the pool halls and beer joints. So I pulled the TransAm Firebird hood skin out of storage and cut it out to fit on the S-10 hood. The off-set faux scoop looks great and the pickup has a 'new' look. It is now an SS-10.

The bulk of the body will be Buck Tan. The hood will be Black. 'Runnin' primer is back for me. The two component semi gloss matte Hot Hues (HHM-6400 HHA-6405) by Dupont will be the finish on the hood.

Would like some feed back from CPF members on the Hot Hues Hot Rod Black. I understand that this finish can be rubbed and polished. I have viewed the matte finish on a 30' Model A Tudor Sedan with no fenders and it looked fantastic. I look forward to any tips and or helpful info that appears in CPF that will no doubt be in my favor.
ßOß-Robert