Help keep your paint fresh

LudicrousSpeed

WHen you are done using your paint, you can help keep it fresh by using a butane torch and blowing some (unlit) butane into the can. This displaces the air in the can and keeps it from reacting with air.

Wish I had known this years ago!

chopolds

If you are a bit worried about using something as flammable as butane, I just pop off the adjuster on my MIG, so it doesn't move the wire, and use the Argon mix. Pretty much inert. I use it to top off POR-15 cans after using some, that stuff is VERY well known to harden in the can, due to moisture in the air.

tomsteve

If you are a bit worried about using something as flammable as butane, I just pop off the adjuster on my MIG, so it doesn't move the wire, and use the Argon mix. Pretty much inert. I use it to top off POR-15 cans after using some, that stuff is VERY well known to harden in the can, due to moisture in the air.

thatsa heck of a good idea. thanks!!

bondofreak

I like that