Hello from SoCal Lower Desert

mjgord5113

My name is Marvin, Been retired for about 3 yrs now. Started life out in Auto Parts/Machine Shop/ Tool n Die. Then 3 yrs Body n Paint/ Kustom Paint Shop-Color Creations Redondo Beach,CA early 70's. Moved on to Construction various aspects like Air Cond & Heating and Sheet Metal Layout/Installer, Plumbing, then got to liking Electric/Electrician work and stayed up till my retirement. Married 41 yrs same Wife,Two Girls, Four Grandkids, boy girl & boy girl in that order from each girl. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

PS, The reason for inexpensive paint tools/equipment had the two siphon guns for ever and the other three guns were a good deal to get back in to painting.

PS/PS, Back in the early 70's (Kustom Shop) I had two Harleys that I molded the frames and painted and both made the Pomona Bike Show, so I do or did have the Talent to do it. Just dusting off the 47 yrs of Dust LOL.

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoy searching around our forum.
Sounds like you got some spare time on your hands (except for the grand kids)
Enjoy your retirement
- stay busy my friend lol

mjgord5113

Enjoy searching around our forum.
Sounds like you got some spare time on your hands (except for the grand kids)
Enjoy your retirement
- stay busy my friend lol

Funny you mentioned stay busy. I am re doing a 68 C10 that the past owners have Thoroughly Molested it with there ideas on what they put on it to I guess keep it going down the road. I call this one my "Junk Yard Dog" for the moment. $4500 so far in finding the right parts to just bring it back from the dead LOL. Body and paint will most likely be on the agenda but just might leave it somewhat like the Rat Rods of today.

I would like to use "some kind" of stripping for the top coat that is Black to bring back the Original Lt Blue underneath it with out destroying the Original Lt Blue factory paint. IS THERE ANY THING I CAN USE OR DO TO DO THE PAINT REMOVAL?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a nice little project. Nothing I know if gives you the ability to take off just one paint job to get to the original

There's a million dollar idea.

Check out my 66 Chevy frame-off I did. Tons of pics and info
You can see the Monthly Updates in the yellow table when you get there. From the beginning to the end.

mjgord5113

Sounds like a nice little project. Nothing I know if gives you the ability to take off just one paint job to get to the original

There's a million dollar idea.

Check out my 66 Chevy frame-off I did. Tons of pics and info
You can see the Monthly Updates in the yellow table when you get there. From the beginning to the end.

Yah I thought so, back in my days if you wanted to have the original color back you just stripped all the paint off and re painted it. I was kinda looking for the patina look of the original paint. Oh well back to the drawing board I guess.

mjgord5113

You can always paint it to have the patina look

Here is what I did to some 68 C10 Original Pov Caps/Hub Caps just recently, before & after body working and stripping them and distressing them. My 67-68 hub caps 2.jpg20170701_170541.jpg

Last edited: