hello from missouri

clearyskustoms

I'm Larry from Missouri. I'm a KKOA official and NSRA member. Love doing kustom body work. Now I want to learn to do kustom paint. What i'm trying to learn is how to do cobweb paint. Hopefully this is the place to learn. Thanks

chopolds

Hey, Larry, Mark Wojcik here....I'm late model director for NJ, though not very active, since they stopped doing Sledscene East. I'm also the guy who built the Kopper Kart, along with owner Vic Collins.
Cobwebbing was a lot easier when you used lacquer and a siphon gun. Basically you just leave the paint unreduced, or way underreduced, and used low air pressure, dialing it up until the gun spit out threads of paint.
Today, basecoat paint doesn't seem to do this easily, and gravity guns don't either. I did get to do someithing similar to cobwebbing, but not quite, and I had to use basecoat. I used an old siphon gun, but had to Tee off my air line, with a tiny regulator, and run the compressed air into the top of the gun, to help push the basecoat out the nozzle. It would either not come out, or come out spattering, not in threads, if I did not do this.howell 008 (2).jpg If you can't see this well I can get you a close up.