great price

hoss

I just bought a HP-C w/ hose for $109.65. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif It's time to step up from my paasche. I found a site that if for beauticians/nails and they had the Iwata HP-C for $90.00
w/ free shipping. www.buynails.com
Good thing my mom is a beautician, cause if they only sell to professionals i can buy it through her.

I read about the crown cap, is it a needed accesory? Has anyone used it?

hoss

just recieved it yesterday, and all i can say is wow. I just got a little time w/ it, so i put in some black to play w/ shadows and lettering. The control is great, the response is great, and the atomization is fantastic.

It is a definite step up, and it's great not having to guess when the paint would start flowing. Instant response. thanks for all the suggestions towards the hp-c

AirbrushJohn

I am new to the boards, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. The Iwata brushes are fantastic, but if you are using non-water based automotive paints in the Iwata brushes (HOK, PPG, etc) you need to replace the rubber O ring with a Teflon ring, or the solvents in the paints will eat the rubber ring. Coast Airbrush at www.coastairbrush.com carries the Iwata family of brushes and will do the conversion for you (they even send out the rubber O ring with the brush). I think the ring and instalation is about $14.00, but well worth it.

Just a little information.

John