gravity feed iwata??

C

CLander

I have been looking at Iwata gravity feed hold 1/3 oz. is this something I would want
I will be painting thing from helmets to cars. Is this 1/3oz. going to be enough or
am I going to wish I had more paint?? Is gravity feed the way to go? I really
like using gravity feed for my other spray gun, but have used both types of guns.
confused.gif

B

Burton

I use the HP-C and a HP-CS. I like the gravity feed more then to suction feed for must applications. The only time I run out of paint in the cup is if I’m doing a fairly large project or a lot of coverage. It really depends on the paint. If you are using low build paint it will take more coats to cover as opposed to say a solid black or white. Running out of paint in the cup hasn’t been a problem for me plus there are some good benefits to a gravity feed. You can mix in the cup so if you need some thing more transparent or thinner you can add the reducer in on the fly and mix (with the cap on)
bigokay.gif
. Also you can turn the pressure down lower and get the gun real close for finer lines. Plus a 1/3 oz of paint for an airbrush is really a lot of paint. Hope this helps!
grin.gif

R

rmt1and1

Works great for detail and small items. Not for coverage. I'm also assuming you're refering to the HPC types. If so it's a pretty versitle airbrush that will tolerate just about any type of material. It's a wonderful airbrush overall.

R

rmt1and1

Works great for detail and small items. Not for coverage. I'm also assuming you're refering to the HPC types. If so it's a pretty versitle airbrush that will tolerate just about any type of material. It's a wonderful airbrush overall.

C

CLander

I am looking at the HP-CS Iwata $96 for the airbrush. I'm new at this airbrushing so is there any thing else I should get, need, or look at? Thanks
devil.gif

B

Burton

Just make sure you get a hose. The in-line moisture traps help out a lot if you don't have a good compresser trap. I've adapted the last chance spray gun filters to the other end of my airbrush hose and then but a quick connect behind that then connected it to my compresser. I've had good luck with those and you can pick them up locally at your paint shop. Don't count on the $20 trap from your local hardware store, you know the one little see through plastic one.