Got YETI?

txwayno

Have'nt had the balls to tackle a car or motorcycle yet but I've been busy doing small projects. Actually just by accident I have become somewhat of a YETI customizer, lol.
Down here in South Texas these cups and others like them are all the rage. Probably painted 70 of them since Oct. '14. Mostly airbrush and vinyl. I can't keep up that's for sure. Painting them one at a time and just trying to put what ever the customer wants and kick it up a notch for them. Using flakes, pearls, metallics and candies.
_8.jpg#33,%2034.jpg_4.jpg_10.jpg15 - 15.jpg15 - 17.jpg15 - 21.jpg2015-10-30_16_38_51.jpgYETI Cup _1.jpg

Last edited:

txwayno

Ops, sorry. I just saw where it says to post this kinda stuff in the gallery. I don't see a way to delete them.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. No wonder they're hot. Looks like you did a great job at them!!!
Keep em going - Great job

No problem on posting here since you are talking about them.
The Gallery is mainly for misc pictures and to have your own album.

txwayno

Thanks. I was just checking out your website. I didn't know you could do flake powder coat. And that red laced tank. Is that powder too? Very cool.

Last edited:

txwayno

Finished this little koozie in white with blue pearl. Wasn't till I went to put the beer can and ring back on it before I realized
I PAINTED A CUP!
I hate when that happens. Oh well, time to put it on the shelf with the others to be stripped.

yes, I do everything in powder, flakes, flames, candies, pearls, lace jobs etc etc
I am here because at 52, I want to learn to do the same thing except with paints.
I did the various lace jobs because I used to hang out and do shows with magic in santa fe and figured I would introduce custom work to the powder world.

txwayno

That's cool. I have not seen anyone do that before with powder. I have a small at home powder coat system (Eastwood) that I thought about playing with some but since my move the oven is in storage. Sticking with paint for now. Just found out about Magic thru facebook. I didn't know anyone around here was doing custom work. Nice looking stuff you got there. Good luck.